Saturday, February 08, 2014

The Gate



Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.  Matthew 7:13,14

The road before you is broad and easy to walk, so are the pleasures of this world... easy to take in. But at the end of the road is a cliff which will bring you tumbling down, you're getting hurt and there is no way out.

The road to God, through Christ the "Gate", is much narrower and not too many walk there. This is a road of self-denial and to let Christ fill your life and your desires. 
But on the end of this road is NO drop-off, but a lane going up to the "house of the Lord" called "HEAVEN", where tears are dried. A wonderful place with God. Where joy and song will join together in Praises unto the Holy One.

Just read God's word and you soon will know what it is all about to be a child of God through accepting Jesus as your Savior and Friend. 


Thou my everlasting portion, more than friend or life to me,
All along my pilgrim journey, Savior, let me walk with Thee.
Close to Thee, close to Thee, close to Thee, close to Thee, 
All along my pilgrim journey, Savior, let me walk with Thee.

Not for ease or worldly pleasure, nor for fame my prayer shall be;
Gladly will I toil and suffer, only let me walk with Thee.
Close to Thee, close to Thee, close to Thee, close to Thee,
Gladly will I toil and suffer, only let me walk with Thee.


Lead me through the vale of shadows, bear me over life’s fitful sea;
Then the gate of life eternal may I enter, Lord, with Thee.
Close to Thee, close to Thee, close to Thee, close to Thee,
Then the gate of life eternal may I enter, Lord, with Thee.
by Fanny Crosby


BE BLESSED.

In His service,

Minister Dr. Trudy Veerman

No comments: