Thursday, March 14, 2013

If My People...


 Plague of locusts hits Israel--worst since 1959... 

Yes I have read about the locusts plague threatening Israel. It is terrible, but they have "sold" God's protection and are doing their own thing as a people. It are mainly their leaders who are leading their people astray. 

When the leaders of a country guide their people away from God and from His precepts, things will go wrong and the Father pulls His protective hands away from that country. The same as we see with the USA and many other countries who follow. 

Sad to see that the innocent will suffer, but the followers of Christ in such countries will be hidden in the palm of His hands. The Israelites are indeed God's chosen people, but this has to come from both sides... the Giver and the receiver.

Many do not understand this, but God will not hide His eyes from the sin of the chosen people... just think about the slavery of the Israelites in Egypt. 
If they are chosen than they should live accordingly... period.  

We should not hold our hands above their heads if they do not walk in accordance with God's word. This also counts for the ones who have been grafted into the True Vine.  

Below is a Scripture we all know so well, but this morning the Lord showed me where His people are standing and what should be done. Let me say this: "It is good to pray for the Jewish people, but we must not make the error of thinking that they are above God’s Children who have been "redeemed and adopted" through Christ. 

We are His chosen people as well. God does not have favourite Children, and there is no difference between Jew, Greek, Dutch... slave or free person. God requires obedience from ALL of His children... and they who are rebellious MUST repent. NEVERTHELESS, God has a plan/purpose with the Israelites, but NOT until they begin to walk in His ways.  

Trouble is all they will be getting, due to their disobedience. God is not taken away the 'Plaques' unless they call upon the God of Abraham and accept Jesus the Saviour. 

2 Chronicles 7:14-22
14 If my people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
15 Now Mine eyes shall be open, and Mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place.
16 For now have I chosen and sanctified this house, that My name maybe there for ever: and Mine eyes and Mine heart shall be there perpetually.
17 And as for thee, if thou wilt walk before Me, as David thy father walked, and do according to all that I have commanded thee, and shalt observe My statutes and My judgments; 

18 Then will I stablish the throne of thy kingdom, according as I have covenanted with David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man to be ruler in Israel.
19 But if ye turn away, and forsake My statutes and My commandments, which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them;
20 Then will I pluck them up by the roots out of My land which I have given them; and this house, which I have sanctified for My name, will I cast out of My sight, and will make it to be a proverb and a byword among all nations. 

21 And this house, which is high, shall be an astonishment to everyone that passeth by it; so that he shall say, Why hath the LORD done thus unto this land, and unto this house?
22 And it shall be answered, Because they forsook the LORD God of their fathers, which brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, and laid hold on other gods, and worshipped them, and served them: therefore hath He brought all this evil upon them. 

God has spoken. Do I need to add any more? 

May the mercy of God and His grace touch the hearts of His people with whom He started out at the beginning, and make them return unto Himself through Jesus, the Christ, I pray. AMEN!

Servant of the most High, the Almighty Father.
Minister Dr. Trudy Veerman
*  *  *

No comments: