Sunday, August 22, 2010

What is man!

What is man, that Thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that Thou visitest him? Psalm 8:4

LORD, what is man, that thou takest knowledge of him! or the son of man, that thou makest account of him! Psalm 144:3


I look back at gone by years
when the Father took away my fears
He held my hand, kept me safe, dried my tears
through rough times and painful years.

Although I didn't always see things clear
I saw the narrow spiralling path near
Often my joy was mixed with tears
but God comforted me, He gave me peace

I see the ocean waters in clear blues
rolling pastures in colouring hues
the storms of life speeding by
and huge trees reaching for the sky

This all reflects the way of life
filled with struggle and strife
Perfection is every day's quest
we'll meet it halfways at its best

The horizon seems beyond my reach
I wish to fly above ocean's beach
spreading my wings to fly up high
could mean meeting JESUS in the sky

Awesome melodies capture my mind
now I can see, after I've been blind
I hear angels singing in wonderful harmony
I'll join in to praise God, who set me free

copyright Dr. Trudy Veerman, August 2010

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity. Psalm 39:5b

But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth. Psalm 86:15

Be blessed in the name of the Lord,
Minister Dr. Trudy Veerman

*

No comments: