Sunday, August 22, 2010

What is in a name?

Someone asked me the question: "Is your pen name "Ferryman" because you are a "vessel" of the LORD?"

My reply may interest you to know how much God is involved in the lives of His children, far before we recognize it.

Known unto God are all His works from the beginning of the world. Acts 15:18

To answer the question, Ferryman is the true translation of my married last name. And indeed God made this name come true, since we are servants bringing people across the waters of life to Life eternal through Christ.
We have the equipment, God's word and the Infilling of the Holy Spirit (spiritual boat) to do so. Praise God.

The following may be of topic here, but several years ago I became aware of my names' meaning, and the significance of it.
My maiden name, which (translated) means "manager of a storage house/barn".

To top this off, when I was a young girl of about nine or ten years old, I got a very vivid dream that I was Joseph, betrayed by his brothers, rejected, thrown in the pit and sold. As the story goes, I went through all the obstacles and ended up in Pharaoh's palace... and managed the store houses in Eqypt. You know the rest of the story.
When I told my family about this, I was scorned by my siblings and called for many years "Joseph the dreamer".
This dream/vision has come into fulfillment and is being fulfilled. Glory to God!

Then there are my given names, with astonishing meanings of God's calling upon my life and my involvement in ministry.

The amazing thing is that God had set these names already in the Book of life before I was born and even before I became a Christian.

He directed my paths before the foundation of the earth.
This all makes me jump for joy and gladness.
O, how I adore my Lord and Father, the Almighty God.
Praise His name for ever and ever. AMEN!!

Are we serving an AWESOME God or not??

YES, we do!

For He spake, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast. Psalm 33:9

Connected in His everlasting love,

ferryman.... mover of man

aka Minister Dr. Trudy Veerman

*

No comments: