Dear Friend in Christ,
Peace be unto you through Christ, who dwells in you.
I stood still at the foot of the cross and meditated upon something I cannot comprehend; that God came down and looked upon His creation "mankind" and was sorry that He had created them, but still He did not destroy us.
This alone makes me wonder, how come I'm still here? What God is this that He did not destroy us all together, but instead sacrificed His Son, Jesus Christ?
Another thought... were we really worth it that Jesus Christ, who was also God, lowered Himself and allowed Himself to be nailed (by His creation) to the cross to die, in order to rescue mankind?
He, Who was at the Beginning with God and through Whom we have been made. Nothing was made without Him.
Think about it...
How come so many have become lukewarm and think more about what this world has to offer them? This life is but short, and after death there is a lasting life: ETERNITY!
Mankind has taken His Sacrifice of Redemption for granted, they don't believe it, or even blaspheme this. How anyone in his right mind refuses to surrender his life to Christ, or even rejects this Offer is beyond my comprehension. Although we know that the such have no love for the Truth.
We daily celebrate His death and resurrection, not just once per year. For in Him we live, and move, and have our being; (Acts 17:28a)
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth My word, and believeth on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:25
Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. Romans 6:4
* Christ took our sins upon Himself, so we didn't need to carry it.
* He sacrificed His all, so we would not lose our all.
* He gave His blood, while we could keep ours.
* He left heaven, so we could enter heaven.
* We were sin-sick, but through His Death and Resurrection we were set free.
* We were rejected like lepers, but Jesus took pity on us and took us in.
* He lost His life for us to find life.
* He became our Mediator, since we ourselves had no "throne" privileges.
* We had no foundation, but He offered Himself as our eternal foundation.
* We were on sinking sand, when He placed us on the Solid Rock.
* We were in the deepest darkness, and Christ brought us Light.
* He gave us our sight, when we were totally blind.
* He became our Hope, when we lost hope.
* His love is so great and powerful that it pulled us up out of the miry clay and set our feet upon the Rock, Jesus Christ.
* Though He was rich, became poor for our sake, that we might be rich through His poverty.
* Christ's resurrection means that we, who died to self and put on Christ, will also be resurrected in the last days.
HE WAS THERE ALL THE TIME
© Dr.Trudy Veerman
My friend, I wonder where you've been
When He suffered and died on Calvary's hill?
Dear friend, how couldn't you have seen
When He freely surrendered His will?
What are you waiting for, dear friend
He did call your name long before
It was His Love until the bitter end
as He sacrificed His inner core
Didn't you hear His cry so loud
When He was forsaken, and left alone?
Didn't you see His hand reaching out
To save your soul, your skin and bone?
Come now to Him and grasp His Hand
Allow Him to be your Friend and Lord
Let Him make straight that which is bent
And He'll provide you with new support
It is never too late, to follow in His lane
This time be willing to surrender your ALL
Bring Him all your cares and daily pain
Come now to Him and answer His call !
* * * * * * *
Matthew 11:28-30 ... "Come unto Me, ALL you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
In the service of the Master.
Dr. Trudy Veerman
Please, view the Easter web site writing at http://achristiancounselor.com/easter.html