Friday, April 20, 2007
Tips for Better Living
* Rise and pray every day: "Again today, dear God, I commit and trust my life and way to you. I'm available. Please use me to be as Jesus to every life I touch."
* "Don't sweat the small stuff."
* Remember these simple sentences: "I was wrong." "I am sorry." "Please forgive me." "Thank you." Say them whenever needed and say "I love you" often—whether needed or not.
* Come apart and rest a while before you come apart—stress is a killer.
* Remember, "Nothing changes if nothing changes."
* Don't nurse grudges: "Failing to forgive is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die."
* Carpe diem. Seize the day. "Opportunity comes to pass —not to pause."
* Quit the blame-game—"it's choice, not chance, that determines destiny."
* Control your thinking or your thinking will control you. "What the mind dwells on the body acts on."
* Invest your life in a worthwhile cause by having a noble purpose for which to live—a purpose that is bigger than yourself for which to live—one that will help make your world a better place in which to live.
* Be a positive realist. You will always see what you are looking for: "Two men look out the same prison bars. One sees mud, the other stars."
* The greatest abilities are availability, dependability and responsibility.
* "There is no pillow as soft as a clear conscience."
* "Smooth seas never make skillful sailors."
* When God is silent. "I believe in the sun even when it isn't shining. I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when he is silent."
* Cry when needed. "Every unshed tear is a prism through which all of life's hurts are distorted."
* Laugh a lot. It's still the best medicine.
* Remember, "The bumps are what we climb on."
* Fear not. At least 95 percent of the things we fear never happen. Trust God for the other five percent.
* Have faith and put God first with your time, talents, and offerings.
Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday. Psalm 37:3-6.