Friday, April 13, 2007

If A Pot Could Talk


by Terese Holloway

Time for the wedding to begin and everything was in its place! The cost had been carefully calculated and all was in perfect order, or so they thought!

I stood tall and erect next to the other vessels, up against a wall. Our appearance was nothing that would cause the eye of man to even look our way! As a matter of fact, people scurried by us continually and no one even noticed that we were there!

You see, we were just the ordinary vessels, nothing special about us. Our appearance was rough and unattractive, not refined and beautiful as the vessels used to carry the finest wine for the wedding party! However, I myself didn't mind, I had a job to do and I would do it to the best of my ability! I never expected recognition or to be noticed as I stood my place at the wedding that day!

Before the wedding ended a most remarkable thing occurred, something that would change me forever! Apparently, the wine had run dry, the beautiful vessels that carried the wine now sat empty!

There was a guest at the wedding that day and he ordered me (can you imagine ~ ME ~ of all vessels) to be brought to him! As I got closer to him, that which was within me began to stir, I could not fathom what was going on! I felt so different, it was as if I could see all my outward inadequacy in the light of this man's sufficiency while all the time recognizing my need to be close to him as he drew me unto himself!

Before I knew what was happening, this man, they all called Jesus, had touched this plain and ordinary vessel. He stirred that which was within me and filled me with the FINEST wine! He then took what I had to offer and distributed it among others, not only was I changed that day but countless others were changed as well, it was a miracle!

I was just an ordinary vessel, nothing special about me, until the day this man called, Jesus, called me forth and filled me with NEW wine! I will never again be just an ordinary vessel for I have been hand picked by Jesus, Himself, to carry the finest contents on the face of this earth! I am different now because of what's inside me and I know that I will be a vessel worthy of the calling!



"He has made everything beautiful in His time..." Ecclesiastes 3:11



No comments: