Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Look Not at Their Prosperity


But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped. For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
Psalm 73:2,3


I'm sure you've been there; you nearly fell flat on your face. You've wondered how the wicked and ungodly people get by. Some of them do even quite well! The arrogant raise their loud voice against God, thinking that He wouldn't know their ways.

There are ungodly who prosper and increase their riches. You may wonder how come they outdo you with their possessions. You may even become jealous, because you are struggling to survive, while they have plenty.

Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end. Psalm 73:17

Focus on the Lord and keep your eyes off man and you'll soon realize what the end of the ungodly will be. Of course it is foolish to think that the ungodly are to be envied. Their wealth doesn't last. But they that have stored up treasures in Heaven are wise. Returning to the counsel of God will provide understanding and bring us in the right perspective.

Thou shalt guide me with Thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but Thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside Thee. Psalm 73:24,25

We fail and come short of the glory of God, but He is our strength and lifts us up. The ungodly shall perish with their riches, but they that trust God will receive glory.

How good it is to meditate upon the mercy of God and to thank Him for His care for His children.

But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all Thy works. Psalm 73:28

No comments: