Saturday, March 10, 2012

Something To Die For?

O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared Thy wondrous works. 

Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed Thy strength unto this generation, and Thy power to every one that is to come. Psalm 71:17,18

And even to your old age I am He; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.
Isaiah 46:4

I would like to share something with you, which popped up in my mind just after I posted the picture of the old man dying to do this and dying to do that... 
What I will be writing below is about LIVING.... 

Some years ago I went back to my home country to visit my aging parents. My father was then 82 years young. Has been active his whole life and "CAN NOT" was NOT in his dictionary. He would always tell us this when we complained about a difficult chore we had to do. 

After I was there a couple of days he ask me if I would like to go with him.
"Sure, but where are you going dad?", I replied. "Oh"... he said, "I'm going to visit the old people in the nursing home." 
I looked astonished and with wide open eyes, for I couldn't believe what I heard him saying. I replied: "Visiting... the old people? You are old yourself." And I never will forget his answer... He said: "NO, I AM NOT."

My father was a remarkable man. He was given up to die close to the end of WorldWar2, when he was captured by the Germans. He was then around 45 years old. He most likely would have said... "Dying? NO, I AM NOT."

He lived to be 87 and died suddenly while sitting on the chesterfield beside my mother. He was a great inventor in technology, never wasted one minute of his life. 

I am now certain that I inherited much of my father, and after some more years I will inherit a lot more from my heavenly Father. AMEN! 
Praise His name!

The glory of young men is their strength, but the splendor of old men is their gray hair. Proverbs 20:29

He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might He increaseth strength. Isaiah 40:29

For the glory of God,
Minister Dr. Trudy Veerman
*

No comments: