Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Rock of Salvation

"But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ." 1 Cor 3:10b,11

The STONE which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? Matthew 21:42

To me, Jesus Christ is: The precious STONE, a sure FOUNDATION, the ROCK of ages, cleft for me let me hide myself in Thee. AMEN!

"Behold, I lay in Zion a STONE for a foundation, A tried STONE, a precious Cornerstone, a sure Foundation; Whoever believes will not act hastily." Isaiah 28:16

"O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the ROCK of our salvation." Psalm 95:1


Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure,
Save from wrath and make me pure.

Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.

Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless, look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Savior, or I die.

While I draw this fleeting breath,
When my eyes shall close in death,
When I rise to worlds unknown,
And behold Thee on Thy throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee.


"He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the Rock of my salvation." Psalm 89:26

"From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the ROCK that is higher than I."
Psalm 61:2

"The LORD liveth; and blessed be my ROCK; and exalted be the God of the ROCK of my salvation." 2 Samuel 22:47

No one else but Jesus Christ is the ROCK OF SALVATION, the Corner STONE. In Him we have found a hiding place: the ESCAPE from the wrath of God.

What a great blessing has been bestowed upon us to have a SOLID FOUNDATION to build upon in this world of insecurity, misfortune, and misery.

Thank You, Lord.

Upon this ROCK I have build my HOPE!

Hold onto this ROCK!

In the strenght of Christ,
Minister Dr. Trudy Veerman
*

No comments: