Monday, October 20, 2008

Why are so many dissatisfied?

*

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for My sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Mark 8:35,36

I remember some of the paintings my parents had hanging on the living room wall, when I was a little girl. I could look at some, seeing more than what was in the picture, allowing my imagination to go beyond the frame.

I longed to be there in the scenery which the painting did depict. I was homesick for something I didn't know. I even dreamed about being at these places.


Without realizing I was searching for something "divine"; a safe place to live; a quiet harbor to anchor my boat; a peaceful meadow to lie down; a high hill to view the colourful surroundings; an island all for myself...

I have many paintings of seasonal sceneries on our walls and still looking beyond its borders. But I know much better now since I have Christ in my life. I am not searching any longer since I found all that I need in Christ Jesus.


Many are seeking "LIFE" outside of Christ. Even believers may have one foot in this world and trying to cram the other one between heaven's door.

Followers of Christ Jesus are suppose to overcome this world, NOT being part of it. No wonder so many are depressed and confused, because the Kingdom of God doesn't work like this. What happened to the song they used to sing: "All to Jesus I surrender, ALL to Him I freely give....?"


Only in Christ can one be satisfied. All the things of this world are temporary and short lived.

People who desire to be satisfied with the things of this world are to be pitied, because they will keep on seeking and not find it. The one thing after the other will disappoint.
New car, new house, another partner, cruise around the world, riches etc. etc... will rust, leak, get old, discolour and become boring...

Mankind was created to serve the Creator, and as long as this rule is not followed/applied first, all other things will bring dissatisfaction, discontentment, displacement, disagreement, discomfort, discouragement, distress, distortion, disunity, disgrace, displeasure and a lot more negative things.


The wisdom lies in the following scriptures.

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. Colossians 3:1,2

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
1 John 2:15,16

He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful. Matthew 13:22

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. John 12:25

Let the name of the Lord be praised!

In Christ,
Minister Dr. Trudy Veerman

*

"The evidence of God's presence far outweighs the proof of His absence."

*

No comments: