Sunday, September 16, 2012

Live to please God!


Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 1 John 2:15,16

This scripture refers to loving the things of this world with a PASSION; something you MUST have; that which your heart is after and which you cannot live without. It does not mean something you like or prefer. We must be able to give up anything for God. We need to sell out completely to the Lord. 

The Lord has asked me several times during my walk with Him if I would give up my children, my house, my possessions, my husband ... at last my ALL. I have hesitated at times, and checked if God really meant what He did require from me. I may just have heard it wrong! I waited... I thought... I cried. I said Lord: "You don't mean that, do You?" The Lord responded: "Yes, my child, I mean it." He gave me the choice and it scared me to make the decision, thinking I would lose ALL at some time.

I took the risk, expecting to be left empty handed, and said: "Yes, Lord, here it is." These were very emotional and spiritual milestones in my life, and I learned through going into the deep waters of total immersion in Him, Who He really was and is.

Although the Lord required my ALL, He never took it, instead He added. Oh, how wonderful is My Lord and King. Is our God and Father for real or what? 
HE SURE IS REAL AND ABLE TO SEE US THROUGH!

Don't rebel against the intentions of the Lord. Don't fight the trials, which life brings. Take them as a challenge, allow the Lord to mold you into His image. He wants you to come through victoriously. Many take trials as bothersome, but they miss an opportunity to see God at work in their lives. Others believe that impossibilities are limiting God, while they forget that the Lord may be preparing them for something very special.

Beloved, take the word of GOD VERY SERIOUS, we cannot shuffle it under the carpet and do our own thing. God's word will judge your actions... the way you talk, the way you dress, the flirting of your eyes, your lust, your secret life... you know all about it... and so does our heavenly Father. There are things in your life you need/must clean up, because they are not acceptable in God's eyes and He will not allow this to pass through unnoticeable.

Worldliness can be easily noticed at places among friends. I am greatly moved by the Holy Spirit as I write this message to you. My heart cries for what gets around and is accepted as called being "Christian".

Let me tell you this... it is known that God keeps His promises, but do not forget that there is more written in God's word than only His promises. The Father will also keep us responsible to abide to the rest of the Scripture. He will reinforce His demand for HOLY living, if you call yourself a Child of God. This may find you on the "path" of dicipline for your own good, which may be far from pleasant.

Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. 
Hebrew 12:11

Abiding in God takes more than being saved, it involves commitment to God's word and acting upon it.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; 
Psalm 46:1,2

May our Father confirm His own word to your heart, I pray.


Be blessed in the name of the Lord.
In His service,
Minister Dr. Trudy Veerman


2 comments:

The Mom said...

Oh how I loved this post. It met me right where I am and gave me just the encouragement I needed.

I do love all your posting!

God's rich blessings to you and yours, Dr Trudy.

Dr. Trudy Veerman said...

Thank you so much for your comment. I am glad to know that you have been encouraged by it. All my posts, here or elsewhere, are based on my personal experiences with the Father. The closer we draw to Him... the more of this world we forsake... the greater the Lord is exalted in our life. I can write volumes of unheard, unusual, nearly unbelievable, type of Old Testamental stories which we in our family and personal have experienced over the 50 year stretch that the Holy Spirit grabbed me and pulled me out of the deep deep hole. GLORY TO HIS AWESOME NAME. AMEN! Richest blessing of the Father be upon your life.