Dear Friend in Christ,
It is with a heavy heart that I place these pictures on my blog. We may not know their circumstances and pain. Nevertheless we can/should pray for our persecuted Brothers and Sisters, for God to give them strength and endurance till the end. Let us take comfort in the words spoken by Jesus, our Savior.
If the world hate you, ye know that it hated Me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. John 15:18,19
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Matthew 5:10,12
And ye shall be hated of all men for My name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. Matthew 10:22
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28
FACTS, as received:
Death Toll of Christians in Orissa (exact death toll remain unconfirmed)
Kandhamal -19, Barakhama - 11, Tiangia - 2, Petapanga - 1, Tikaballi - 1, Parlakhemundi - 1, Bodimunda - 1, Bakingia - 1, Bargard - 1, Padanpur - 1.
Several Christians seriously injured and missing.
Churches attacked, burnt and demolished
1. Petapanga Church, 2. Mondakia Church, 3. Rotingia Catholic Church, 4. Rotingia Believers Church, 5. Rotingia Diocese Church, 7. Gimangia Believers Church, 7. Gimangia Diocese Church, 8. Madhukia Church, 9. Raikia Catholic Church, 10. Badimunda Catholic Church, 11. Badimunda Pentecostal Church, 12.Breka Catholic Church, 13.Breka Pentecostal Church, 14. Pobingia Catholic Church, 15. Srasanaanda Catholic Church, 16. Phulbani Catholic Church, 17. Betticola Catholic Church, 18. Balliguda Catholic Church, 19. Sankrakhol Catholic Church, 20. Kanjamedi Catholic Church, 21. Kanjamedi Diocese Church, 22. Kanjamedi Pentecostal Church, 23. Jugapadar Pentecostal Church, 24. Tumudiband Baptist Church, 25. Tumudiband Pentecostal Church, 26. Narayanapatna JEL Church, 27. Narayanipatna SVM Church, 28. Muniguda Catholic Church, 29. Padanpur Catholic Church, 30. Dhanpur SVM Church, 31.Tiangia Catholic Church, 32. Tiangia Baptist Church, 33. Gabindapali Catholic Church, 34. Padua Catholic Church, 35. Maliput Catholic Church, 36. Duburi Catholic Church, 37. Tiangia Pentecostal Church,
38. Modhupur Catholic Church, 39. Nilungia Catholic Church, 40. Nilungia Pentecostal Church, 41.Boipariguda Catholic Church.
1. Balliguda - 72 houses, 2. Mundasahi - 18 houses, 3. Raikia - 17 houses, 4. Gumagarh - 25 houses, 5. Badimunda - 9 houses, 6. Gimangia - 3 houses, 7. Tiangia - 160 houses, 8. Beticola – l0 houses, 9. Nilungia - 15 houses, 10. Raikia - 11 houses, 11. Mondakia - 14 houses, 12. Breaka - 21 houses, 13. Bodimunda - 27 houses, 14. Rotingia - 16 houses, 15. Sankharkhole - 19 houses, 16. Tikaballi - 8 houses.
Convents attacked and damaged
1.Sankharkhole St. Joseph's Convent, 2. Pobinga St. Ann's Convent, 3. Balliguda Mt. Carmel Convent, 4. Padangi St. Ann's Convent.
Hostels attacked and damaged
1. Padangi - 2, 2. Pobigia - 2, 3. Balliguda Convent -1
Institutions attacked and damaged
1. Konjamendi Pastoral Centre, 2. Konjamendi Janavikas, 3. Paburia Poly Shree, 4. Balliguda Gramya Pragati, 5. Raikia Ajka, 6. Raikia Xavier Institute, 7. Phulbani Niswass.
Vehicles destroyed (innumerable numbers)
FACT SHEET OF ORISSA HAPPENINGS WITHIN LAST WEEK
(from media sources)
1. (25-08-08) Kandhamal Dist. Yesterday at 0430 to 0500 PM, around 1000 perpetrators of Sangh parivar chased and killed 4 Christians by dagger and sword on the road whose names are ; Bikram Naik(38), Dasaratha Pradhan(38), Surendra Naik (40) and another Christian brother whose name is still not reported. The deceased were trying to protect their Church when the radicals tried to fire it. Tiangia village.
2. (25-08-08) Rev. Prakash Naik's prayer house at Raikia is burnt Yesterday. Raikia
3. (25-08-08) In Mandakia, Batingia villages the whole Christian Colony are bombed and destroyed this morning. In Raikia MP Dr. R.K.Nayaks house, Joy Mandal, Bro. Das, Santosh Naik and Santanu's houses are destroyed on bombing Yesterday at 10 PM Mandakia
4. (25-08-08) In many places till now when there is no police guard, the mob is furiously moving from one Christian village to another in C. Udayagiri area right now and damaging the Christian properties. Bodimunda, Gadhaguda, Telingia, Sukananda, Gracingia, Nuasahi, Kurmingia, Mallickpadi village of G. Udayagiri are under their attack right now.
5. (25-08-08) Pastor Khyamasila Bagh of Rudaangia of Raikia has been severely attacked and all his houses are damaged today. Rudaangia
6. (25.08-08) Many Christians in (1000 +)nos. in Phiringia are fled to the forest to save their lives but there they are under starvation now. Kandhamal
7. (25-08-08) In Jeypur, Koraput 2 Churches of Pastor Choudhury have been burnt by the radicals Yesterday. In Baipariguda, Koraput A Christian social welfare institute called "SEARCH" where 150 orphans were staying, are totally ransacked Yesterday ad the Father in charge is severely beaten by them. All Christian houses and properties of the Christians at Narayanapatna, Koraput are completely destroyed Yesterday by the Bajrangies Koraput
8. (25-08-08) Believers Church (FA) Missionary Birendra Harijan (29) and his wife was kidnapped by the Bajrangies at Naka Pola, Dharmashala, Jajpur Dist Yesterday Night after having tortured and beaten. Dharmashala
9. (25-08-08) One Christian have been burnt alive along with the complete Christian colony set onto fire Yesterday night by the Hindu extremists at Papadhandi village of Nawarangapur Dist. Nawarangapur
10. (25-08-08) Loyola School at Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar is attacked & damaged Yesterday. Bhubaneswar
11. (25-08-08) The name of the lady staff carataker at Missionary Orphan Center at Khuntapalli, Padampur, Bargarh burnt alive is Rajani Majhi (29). Padampur,Bargarh.
12.ln Balliguda at Divyo Jyoti Catholic Center at Kanjamindi, A Sister namely Mina Barua has been gang raped publicly and Father Thomas after he was beaten seriously, made naked also publicly and Petrol was put over him to burn him alive through matches by the perpetrators but it was not firing due to rain in the mean time, Police arrived and rescued both of them. Baliguda
13 A village called Khuntipalli in an Orphanage at about 1230 Noon, radicals entered, ransacked and set fire to the same today where 22 orphan students were staying with a Hindu lady Caretaker Naely Rajani Majhi. Around 10 students fled to the nearby forest to save their lives. Bargarh Dist
14. Other 12 students have received burnt injuries and are admitted into the hospital at Bargarh town. But the Sister Rajami Majhi was locked by the radicals inside the kitchen and she was burnt alive there by the perpetrators. Bargarh Dist
15. Two Christians namely Jaka Naik (35) and Gapana Nayak (42) were killed in Budamaha village of Raikia. Their body is lying near Abasi Kupa road for the last 24 hours. From Budamaha village 400 Christians fled to the forest. Raikia
16. Lambar Pradhan of St. Pauls Orphanage, Kalhandi Mission, Udhitnagar was seriously injured in the attack Kalhandi
17. Dahalathadi Baliguda block 3 houses and Church burnt Baliguda
18 Bhagamunda 7 houses destroyed Bhagamunda
19. A Christian Nun was reported burnt alive by a group of Vishwa Hindu Parishad mob which stormed the orphanage she ran in the district of Bargarh (Orissa). Polace Superintendent Ashok Biswall has told this to news reporters. A priest who was at the orphanage was also badly hurt and is now being treated in hospital for multiple burns. Bargarh
20. A young Catholic Nun of the Cuttack Bhubaneswar diocese working Jan Vikas Kendra, the Social Service Centre at Nuagaon in Kandhamal was reportedly gang raped on 24th August 2008 by groups of Hindutva extremists before the building itself was destroyed Nuagaon
21. Fr Thomas, director of the Diocesan Pastoral Centre in Kanjimendi, less than a kilometer away from the Social Service Centre, and another Nun were injured when the centre was attacked. They were taken to the police station in a disheveled state as the armed mob bayed for their blood. The Pastoral centre was then set afire. Kanji mendi
22. On 24th August 2008 evening lynch mobs at the block headquarters of Balliguda, in the very heart of Kancihamal district, which had seen much violence between 24th and 26th December 2007, attacked and destroyed a Presbytery, convent and hostel damaging the 300 properties over 1500 Christians fled to the forest for safety. Baliguda
23. The mobs caught hold of two boys of the Catholic hostel and tonsured their heads. Baliguda
24. 25th morning followers of the late Lakshmanananda Saraswati damaged the Catholic Church in Phulbani, the district headquarter town. Phulbani
25. Mobs attacked the Mother Teresa Brothers residence and hospital in Srasanada, destroyed once before and rebuilt two months ago, and beat up the patients. Fundamentalists have targeted Priests,
religious and also the Faithful in Pobingia also. Srasandal Pobingia
26. This morning violent mobs made several attempts to enter the compounds of Catholic Church and Archbishop's house in the heart of the Capital of the State of Orissa. They could not enter because of the police presence. They threw stones at the guesthouse of Archbishop's House, damaging windows. Bhubaneswar
27. Another group of fundamentalists entered presbytery in Duburi parish, managed by the SVDs and destroyed and damaged property. Two priests of the parish are missing Duburi Parish
28. Mr. Jamaj Pariccha, Director of Gramya Pragati, is attacked and his property, vehicle etc. damaged, burnt and looted.
29. A Baptist Church in Akamra Jila in Bhubaneswar is also damaged. Bhubaneswar
30. Christian institutions like St. Arnold's School (Kalinga Bihar), AND NISWASS report some damage Kalinga
31. Boudh (Adjoining Kandhamal): Fundamentalists enter the Catholic parish church and destroy property. People are fleeing to safer places. But nothing seems safe Boudh dist
32. Catholic Fathers and Nuns' residence have been damaged. Muniguda
33. HM Sister's residence (Ainthapalli) has suffered damage. Sambalpur
34. One priest is attacked and admitted to a hospital. Padanpur
35. Catholic Church currently under attack. Madhupur
36. Small Churches: Attempted violence on small churches in various districts, including Padampur, Sambalpur near GM College, Talsera, Dangsoroda, Narayanipatara, Muniguda, Tangrapada, Phulbani,
Kalingia, Tumudibandha, Raikia, Balliguda, Nuagaon, Phiringia, Khajuripara, Tikabali, G. Udayagiri, Chakapada, Daringbadi and many other areas of Kandhamal District are extremely volatile.
37. Houses attacked on forest hamlets of Balliguda, Kanjamandi Nuaguam (K.Nuaguam), Tiangia (G.Udayagiri), Padangiri, Tikabali.
38. Houses burnt even though the district is more than 300 kilometers from the place where Swami Lakshmanananda was killed. Kalahandi Dist.
39. Pastor Sikandar Singh of the Pentecostal Mission beaten up and his house burnt Bhawanipatna
40. 3 Christian shops were looted and burnt. Pastor Alok Das and Pastor I M Senapati beaten up Kharihar
41. Pastor David Diamond Pahar, Pastor Pravin Ship, Pastor Pradhan and Pastor Bank beaten up and chased away with their families. Aampani
42.Mob surrounds village to attack Christians. The government has sent forces, it is reported. Naktikani
43. Bikram Digal and Willium Digal —two believers have been detained by the Nuagaon Police. Radicals have planed knives and black masks (Naxalite gear) on them and dragged them to the police Nuagaon
44.Regional Superior Sister Suma of Congregation of Missionaries of Charities said that MC sister of were going to participate Sunday mass, on their way to the parish they were blocked on the way and
some of the youth who were protesting through stones to the vehicle, the glasses of the vehicle broken, they were also protected by the public and sent back to the convent. They are safe and no injury caused them. Dharmgard
45. 10 Shops belonging to Christians ransacked and destroyed Raikia
46. 25 Christian houses burnt at Rupagaon, Christians flee into the forest to save their lives Rupagaon
47. Christians shops burnt Paburia
48. Churches razed to the ground at Adaskupa and Sulesaru Churches
49. Christians are hiding in the forests, the trauma of the Dec '07 riots are being relived. The Women and children are starving there without food and water. Armed Radicals roaming on the village roads
50. Benagaberi village Church and believers houses are burnt Benagaberi
51. Amlapada street, the radicals are destroying the Christian houses. Bro Arup Jena, Journalist PTI's Mobike has been burnt along with few others in the neighboring houses in the mid night. Phulbani
52. Church and Christian houses have been destroyed this morning. Danguli's village
53. Church and Day Care Center have been burnt this morning. Lahabadi
54. Rashimundi Church burnt this morning.
55. Christian houses completely destroyed this morning. Keredi village
56. Church and Pastor's house destroyed this morning. Kambaguda
57. Tengeda padar village Church and Christian houses totally destroyed at midnight Tikabali
58. JEL Church and two nearby prayer houses at Talsara, Tentulipada, Sundergarh have been burnt few hours just after the death of Swamiji. Dumerguda
59. At Chiplima, Pastor S.P. Muna has been severely beaten in the midnight and his Moike has been burnt. Sambalpur
60. Mission India slum Churches were attacked from this morning and the radicals were trying to destroy and on report
61. (24-08-08) One man, a handicapped believer namely Rasananda Pradhan at Rupa gaon, was burnt alive. He could not run to the forest when others rushed and saved their lives. As his two legs doesn't function, he could not run and save himself when radicals out of rampage set ablaze that whole village and 25 huts Christians houses together last midnight Kandhamal
62. (24-08-08) The radicals Hindu completely burnt two Churches called JEL Church and SVM Fellowship Church. Narayanapatna
63. (24-08-08) The VHP radicals in 1000 nos. have created havock today Oraput
64. (24-08-08) They have forcefully detained the Pastor of the JEL Church Bro. Prabhudan Pangi (76) in captive in a locked room after firing the Church and beating him very badly with some injuries. Beside that all properties of the local Christians they found there like their vehicles, cycles etc are burnt by the radicals today.
65. (24.08-08) Houses of Adv. Pravat Kumar Bidika and his brother Bhaskar Bidika have completely demolished by the Sangh Parivar radicals. Narayanapatna.
66. In Bariniput, Kaligaon and Dhanpur villages 3 Churches are on fire. The believers houses are looted there. Koraput
67. Mission School is also ransacked by the same radicals today. Bramhani aon
68. More than 11 nos of the Christian houses are completely ansacked and two Pastor's houses were also burnt today. Phulbani
69. This afternoon a Christian leader Ananda Pradhans house was totally ransacked along with the Christian Nua Sahi was also destroyed. All the Christian houses and Churches at Balliguda are destroyed by the radicals so far. Baliguda
70. The condition of the small Christian children during these rainy and dreadful days who are hiding are very precarious since Yesterday
71. In Mandakia village of Raikia, rampant damage has been done by the perpetrators to all the Christian families living there including which Kabita's native house is also there.
72. Tormentors are ransacking and destroying their Church and houses right now. Close to that in a forest, many small children along with their mothers and parents from Christian families are hiding since Yesterday to save their lives without food and water. Among them one pregnant sister is there whose time is just approaching and they are crying before me over a mobile to rescue them from that situation. They have not carried any clothes even when they hurriedly ran away to the forest Baiballi village
73. It is also reported that some riot expert executors of BHP and VHP are coming from Gujrat to Kandhamal to give it a final shape up to their satisfaction of completely smashing, destroying, ousting and killing the Christians there. Kandhamal
74. In the remote villages like Tiangia, Patangi of G. Udayagiri and many more where there is no Police force Tormentors are destroying and burning the Christians properties house by house right now. Situation tonight will be worst as reported. G. Udayagiri
75. The radicals had attacked the Pastor of Chiplima Church of Sambalpur Dist. and had burnt his mobike. Today they went back there and destroyed the same Church. Sambalpur
76. Bagibahal village Church at Deogarh Dist. has been burnt today. Deogarh
77. Main Baptist Church has been attacked and stoned today. Sambalpur
78. Kalinga Nagar, Jajpur Dist. Catholic Church has been ransacked today.
79. A small Believers Church at BDA, Chandrasekharpur, Siyon Sramika Slum at Bhubaneswar is ansacked today. The Christian families staying in the slum are threatened to bombed tonight. Bhubaneswar
80. Catholic Church of Bhubaneswar has been attacked and stoned twice during Bandh time today. Radicals were trying to enter by force but Police guards checked them. Satyanagar
81. IPC Faith Home Church at VSS Nagar, Bhubaneswar was stoned and front door damaged by the radicals today. Bhubaneswar
82. Actions Ministries State Coordinator Rev. Sangram Singhs rented house was ransacked today in his absence and his official papers and Christian literatures were burnt out side the house. His Hindu Landlord has been threatened to remove him soon from his house otherwise they will demolish the said house.
83. Congress Party during the course o Assembly session, has brought No Confidence motion against the BJD-BJP Govt. today. The CM is busy to clear that in their favor tomorrow hence not giving any appointment to discuss with him any more about the present situation getting to worst.
84. NISWASS, the institute of M.P. Dr. Radhakanta Nayak has been totally severely ransacked. Xavier Institute has also been partially damaged in Bhubaneswar today by the Sangh Parivar extremists. Bhubaneswar
85. An Independent Church in a slum behind May fair Hotel has been burnt by the radicals today.
86. Few Missnaries in Simar village, Baghamari of Nayagarh Dist. are hiding at present as they have been chased by the radicals to be killed.
87. The AG Pastor Pratyush Kumar Bank's rented house Church has been ransacked. The Land lord has been cautioned by the radicals to remove this Pastor's family at once. Many house Church Fellowships in Jagatsinghpur Dist. have been attacked and ransacked. Jagatsinghpur
88. Mission India Missionary Matthew Lima (28) at Jaraka Mission Field o Jajpur Dist. has been severely beaten in front of his wife by the Bajrangis this evening by 0530 to 0630PM. Finally they took them saying that they are taking him to the Police Station but ultimately it was found out that he has been kidnapped
89. Father Edward Seqira of Padampur Catholic Church, Deogarh Dist. has been brutally beaten and injured, admitted into local hospital, Doctor has referred him to Burla Medical College due to the seriousness of the wounds. There is nobody with him to attend and take him there now. Deogarh
90. In Narla of Kalahandi Dist, a Christian Pastor called Lalit Pattnaik has been severely beaten up and his house ransacked today. Alok Christian, an Evangelist has fled to the forest to save his life. Kalahandi
91. William Carey School of Dr. S.N. Patro at Janla, Khurda has been attacked this afternoon. Partially damaged and 2 school Buses are also damaged by 20 Nos. of radicals today. Janla
92. In Govindapally, close to Boipariguda, protestors entered the Convent and damaged the grotto of Our Lady and the Cross of the Church yard. In the same district Fathers and Sisters in Koraput, Jeypore and Semiliguda are in hiding. Govindapaily
93. (26-08-08) Dr. Prabin Togadia stated before a Press Conference that VHP (world Hindu Council) will organize Anti Conversion Christian Rallies throughout Orissa.
94. (26-08-08) Another JEL Church at Panasa pada, Sundergarh was burnt at O400PM today. Radicals are planning and have threatened to destroy the main Church there tonight. Panasa Pada
95. (26-08-08) At present firing is going on at Barakhama in which around 6 persons are died already and 20 are injured as per Govt. report. But at actual the casualties are expected to be more. Barakhama is totally cut off from all other corners in all means. Barakhama
96. (26-08-08) A Seventh Day Pastor namely Samuel Nayak (45) at Bakingia village of Raikia block at about 0230 PM today, stood in between and did not allow around 500 radicals to enter into his Church to damage it. Then they cut his throat by a dagger and he died on the spot and after that they destroyed the Church. Raikia
97. (26-08-08) Pastor Akbar Digal(45) at Totomaha, Raikia has also been killed at sight today afternoon Raikia
98. (26-08-08) A non Christian called Sidheswar Digal is killed by the radicals also during this afternoon at Sulesaru village for the reason of giving shelter to his own Christian son in law in his house. Sulesaru, Kandhamal.
99. In Pandarani village of Loinsingha PS of Bolangir Dist, at 5 PM Yesterday Sangh Parivar radicals completely destroyed the church there.
100. In Manahira village of Bolangir Dist. the Church was totally burnt by them Yesterday evening.
101. Chichida village Church at Bargarh Dist. is burnt by the extremists. Madhupur and Sohela area of Bargarh Dist. Christians properties are totally damaged by the radicals Yesterday.
102. A Catholic Church at Sankarakhole, Kandhamal is destroyed.
103.Badimunda Christian village at G. Udayagiri, Kandhamal is totally burnt Yesterday.
104. Breka Christian village near Tikaballi is being fired just now taday.
105. In Dodingia Christian village ãlose to Balliguda, just now the Hindu Extremists are destroying and firing the christian properties. No Police force is there protect the Christians there.
Beloved, the need is GREAT!!
In His service.
Minister Dr. Trudy Veerman