Saturday, December 08, 2007

Walk In The Garden



For the LORD shall comfort Zion: He will comfort all her waste places; and He will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody. Isaiah 51:3



Walk with me, O Savior dear
in this garden of wilderness
May I sense Your caring near
while all around there is a mess

In this life and in our nation
many things can grow so wrong
Weeds outgrow a showy carnation
a cry of agony may replace a song

This garden badly needs Your Light
and the warming beams of Your Son
which will bring growth and delight
to flowers that are almost gone

Lead me on Your path to see
the flowers which are about to wilt
Whom from the heat of the tempest flee
as they are laden with pain and guilt

Help me, dear Lord to care for them
pulling out overgrowth and weeds
While You prune their battered stem
let me bind the one who bleeds

Give me a caring heart like Yours
an observant eye to clearly see
the hurting heart and all its sores
Teach me the blessing that I must be

Let me help to ease their pain
of the flowers hit by storms
Let me not treat them with disdain
but apply Your love that transforms

Walk with me, dear Lord of mine
in the garden of Your Godly design
and show me the real bloodline
of the flowers that You refine

Let their fragrance once more be true
to what You intended it to be
For Your glory, while I'll subdue
Since it's You Who cares most tenderly


Copyright © Dr.Trudy Veerman.
All rights reserved.



Psalm 84:11,12... For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly. O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in Thee.

Psalm 46:1,2... God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;

No comments: