Thursday, December 14, 2006

Tolerance versus Love



But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8


Tolerance says, "You must approve of what I do."

Love responds, "I must do something harder:
I will love you even when your behavior offends me."


Tolerance says, "You must agree with me."

Love responds, "I must do something harder:
I will tell you the truth,
because I am convinced the truth will set you free."


Tolerance says, "You must allow me to have my way."

Love responds, "I must do something harder:
I will plead with you to follow the right way,
because I believe you are worth the risk."


God's Love



Tolerance seeks to be inoffensive;

Love takes risks.

Tolerance glorifies division;

Love seeks unity.

Tolerance costs nothing;

Love costs everything.


Author unknown

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Galatians 5:14


The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3

No comments: